Monday, June 07, 2004

Summer Skool

2 weeks off, then back in the class

"We teach really hard, and they learn really hard," said Patricia McRae, director of elementary education.

I'm no teacher but, I do have to question the grammar used by the director of elementary education who was at one time a school principal.

McRae states, "And because they're being taught at their level, they feel successful,"..... "They go back to school in the fall feeling good."

I personally know of a grade schooler who attended the Russian Jack summer school. The parent of the child wanted the child to get help in math and reading. I'll scan and post what was taught in summer school and I'll show the test scores of her achievment tests versus her actual report card.

I guarantee it will be an eye opener to what is taking place in the Anchorage School District. To be continued........................


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home